Follow by Email

Saturday, December 6, 2014

How I took My Eyes Off Jesus - Originally Posted February 2013

How could someone who loved God with all her heart, soul, mind and strength loose her faith, hope, confidence, assurance and peace? You can’t loose it but it can be stolen from you. When I took my eyes of Jesus I allowed the enemy to come and plunder me.  He stole everything from me. I like the way Priscilla Shirer puts it in Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed – A Study of David:

“The enemy has a three part game plan to kill the dreams God has given you, kill your heart for ministry, steal the truth of God from your heart and lips and destroy your family and self image”

This is exactly what happened to me!


About 2 years ago the Lord gave me a vision, in the form of pictures, of a battle field.  I saw dead and bloodied bodies, armor, and swords scattered everywhere.  The field was desolate.  My focus was drawn to a body with some of its armor off and a helmet that had almost fallen from its head.  Then the body blurred and I saw a magnificent, heavy, beautifully ornamented sword staked into the ground.  This was a massive, thick sword that was meant to be used in battle instead of a decorative sword.  I know the vision had multiple meanings one being, unbeknownst to me until now, a foreshadowing of what was about to happen to me.  Prior to the vision, God had warned me that the enemy had asked to sift me but that he had prayed for me that my faith would not waiver.  He also told me that while the world rejoiced and celebrated, I would be crying, that I would see him and then not see him, but that I would see him again (and just like the disciples, I had no real idea of what he was saying.)  Thankfully I understood enough to ask a couple of people to please cover me in prayer for a coming battle. I thank God for them with all my heart.  They warred for me when I couldn’t - may the Lord bless you one hundredfold.  I would not be standing here today without your prayers!  To God be the Glory and Honor forever and ever!!!

The devil knew he would never convince me there is no God who is all powerful, sovereign and holy.  He could never get me to believe or even entertain that he did not create the universe and that every knee will bow before him and declare that he alone is worthy. He would never dissuade me from believing that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life and the only way to the father.  What he did, was cause me to doubt God’s promises were for me.  It was easy for him to deceive me because instead of refuting every thought that set itself up against the word of God (2 Corinthians 10:5) I entertained it. One other thing happened, I had slowly started focusing my eyes and attention on the promises instead of on The Promiser (I know it’s a made up word :P) - but that’s how I unknowingly began taking my eyes of Jesus.  The enemy seeking whom he might devour and destroy (1 Peter 5:8) seized the opportunity and had his way with me for a while.  I started seeking God’s hand instead of his face.  His promises are the fulfillment or a manifestation of the hope we have in him.  But we must be like Abraham who trusted, waited and believed even though he didn’t see the entire promised fulfilled.  I may not see with my own natural eyes everything he has promised, but I will ultimately see the promise from beginning to end; and I will shout with everything that is within me how awesome, great, amazing, faithful, good, sovereign and trustworthy God is.  Think about it, if Abraham were alive right now he would be speechless to see how this people so great in number, are direct descendants of his son Isaac – The Son of Promise. Not seeing the promise fulfilled in our lifetime does not mean God did not keep his promise because his word can not return void (Isaiah 55:11).

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see (Hebrews 11:1).  When I didn’t see the fulfillment of some promises I began doubting, the enemy attacked me and stripped me of my armor and sword and then plundered me.  I did not pick up my shield of faith.  Instead, I let go of it.  God's word is clear that without faith it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6) it also tells us that unless we believe and trust in God and his words we will not be established and we will not remain (Isaiah 7:9).  God's word proved true again.  My choices did not align themselves with God's word and because of that I laid covered in blood on the battlefield with my helmet of salvation barely on stripped of most of my armor.  The enemy thought he had me.  The enemy thought he had destroyed me.  BUT GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See the Devil thought I had fallen right into his plans.  But did I?



No comments:

Post a Comment